Pesa enables the $2T telco market to move onto the blockchain, with an open, and efficient network for all. We are building a network that enables any party to become a provider of connectivity and financial services, bringing blockchain benefits to existing telcos but also opening the world up for new methods of providing connectivity – mesh networks, peer to peer, etc – pushing the economic benefits back to the participants. The goal is to build the last singular network for the planet, accessible to anyone, and owned by everyone. Our flagship mobile app, Wificoin, is available today in dozens of countries, hundreds of flights, and thousands of hotspots.
In this position you will be joining:
- A world-class team of executives from Roku, HackerOne, Salesforce, Mobile365, Firefly, Juniper Networks, etc.
- VC-backed token project with backers ranging from CoinFund to GumiCrypto (details unannounced)
- Revenue generating first product, Wificoin, which was launched in 2019 and incubated by Tata Communications (subsidiary: $100B+ Tata group)
- Member of Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator – Cohort 4 – 2021
- Read more about our executive team, mission, and Wificoin traction here on our DocSend.
- Billions of end-users struggling with multiple expensive accounts and hard-to-access crypto and blockchain-based financial services
- Telcos are increasingly required to compete with banks on financial services
- Connectivity hubs like airlines, cruise ships, local hot spots, in need of ancillary revenues and looking to improve user experience and loyalty
- Blockchain community, looking for ‘legos’ – product functionality – that can easily be integrated into existing products and services. Blockchain projects can both bring users to their network, as well as bringing functionality that can be unlocked for the users of their network
We’re seeking an experienced User Experience Design Lead to craft an intuitive, easy-to-use, and elegant mobile app experience for our users. The User Experience Design Lead will leverage their expertise in human factors and mobile app design to translate consumer use cases and product requirements into intuitive, easy-to-use, and elegant mobile app experience.
In this role you will:
- Own the user flows and design language for our flagship mobile app Wificoin
- Translate a set of use cases and product features into effortless app flows and intuitive user journeys
- Work closely with product management, engineering, and marketing to understand our vision, target audiences, objectives, value propositions, capabilities, and constraints to design experiences that are both visionary and practical
- Apply knowledge of human factors to data-informed insights to design, test, measure, and iterate on experiences that drive measurable business outcomes
- Exercise impeccable judgment on prioritization, have a good sense for which decisions require broader buy-in from the group and which decisions you can run with
- Act with autonomy, drive, and a sense of ownership to cultivate an experience that balances function with fun, that just works and surprises & delights
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer on a large-scale mobile app
- Direct experience with a 0-1 mobile app design project or a major redesign of the user experience of a large-scale mobile app
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex propositions to multiple audiences into effortless, intuitive, and delightful mobile app experiences
- Successful track record of cultivating positive working relationships throughout the organization
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and a track record influencing technical and non-technical staff
- A palpable passion for effortless, functional, and delightful user experience design
Thinking in possibilities: We realize that most in the world see the world in terms of everything that is not possible. We believe the future is made by those who look at what is possible. Seeing a path of what is possible through all that is not possible requires intellectual curiosity, dedication, and diligence. We are big thinkers and believers but also pragmatists, focused on relentless execution.
Integrity of word, thought, and action: Integrity is in what is behind our words, thoughts, and actions. We help ourselves and others to stay close to why we do things, so we can align, together, for the highest purpose.
Diversity of perspectives: A good discussion is one that at the end, has all participants feel that the other participants understood them, even if they have different ideas. This requires trust, vulnerability, and compassion. We believe organizations where people can truly co-create will thrive and excel.
Winning with purpose: We are mission-first and realize that winning is a requirement to achieve lasting change that benefits all of humanity. Even though we love to compete for good, we know winning itself is not the same as success, it’s needed to succeed.
Ownership is key: When we own our successes and failures, our best qualities and our flaws, we can truly work in a team, as a team. Ownership unlocks greatness as a team because it enables us to support and be supported.
The excellence of being: Excellence is an expression of being, of what we want for ourselves and others. It is passion turned into action. We share a desire to learn and excel while being comfortable with failing. Excellence comes out when we’re courageously open about what we desire for this world.
Unity in consciousness: We / you understand that we are all one. We are all working towards moving humanity forward in our own unique ways. We firmly believe that there is infinitely more that unites us than that separates us. Our work is to bring that out in the world.
- Competitive salary with generous token options plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible remote options
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k with 100% match up to 4%
- WFH benefits
- Annual Professional Development Budget
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Contribution to Lifetime, ClassPass, etc
- Therapy and Personal Coaching support
If this position interests you, we would love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Thanks for your time!