Head of Product Management, Digital Currency and Blockchain
Pesa enables the $2T telco market to move onto the blockchain, with an open, and efficient network for all. We are building a network that enables any party to become a provider of connectivity and financial services, bringing blockchain benefits to existing telcos but also opening the world up for new methods of providing connectivity – mesh networks, peer to peer, etc – pushing the economic benefits back to the participants. The goal is to build the last singular network for the planet, accessible to anyone and owned by everyone.
In this position you will be joining:
- A world-class team of executives from Roku, HackerOne, Salesforce, Mobile365, Firefly, Juniper Networks, etc.
- VC-backed token project with backers ranging from CoinFund to GumiCrypto (details unannounced)
- Revenue generating first product, Wificoin, which was launched in 2019 and incubated by Tata Communications (subsidiary: $100B+ Tata group)
- Member of Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator – Cohort 4 – 2021
- Read more about our executive team, mission, and Wificoin traction here on our DocSend.
- Telcos are increasingly required to compete with banks on financial services
- Billions of end-users struggling with multiple expensive accounts and hard-to-access crypto and blockchain-based financial services
- Connectivity hubs like airlines, cruise ships, local hot spots, in need of ancillary revenues and looking to improve user experience and loyalty
- Blockchain community, looking for ‘legos’ – product functionality – that can easily be integrated into existing products and services. Blockchain projects can both bring users to their network, as well as bringing functionality that can be unlocked for the users of their network
The company is seeking an experienced product leader to develop its digital currency and blockchain strategy and product roadmap. The Head of Product Management, Digital Currency and Blockchain will leverage their expertise in blockchain, decentralized finance, and cryptocurrency to develop the case for the capabilities which should be developed, drive overall vision and product strategy, and gain leadership buy-in and investment for new capabilities.
In this role you will:
- Own the vision and strategy for the company’s digital currency and blockchain strategy and product roadmap
- Write requirements that work backwards from customer and partner needs
- Dive deep into first party and third party data to perform analysis
- Partner effectively with other leaders in product, design, marketing, and engineering to influence priorities and drive alignment
- Maintain excellent judgment on prioritization between focusing features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
- Monitor project execution and ensuring that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with target dates
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Hands-on experience with the concepts, products, and services that are driving the decentralized finance economy including coin generation events (ICO, IAO), tokenomics, yield farming, liquidity pools, decentralized exchanges, and automated market makers
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex propositions into straightforward solutions, and an understanding of core technologies utilized in your product
- Experience making build vs. partner decisions in the context of a product strategy; demonstrated track record of great judgment
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and a track record influencing technical and non-technical staff
- Degree in economics, computer science, math, other quantitative discipline, or comparable experience preferred
Thinking in possibilities: We realize that most in the world see the world in terms of everything that is not possible. We believe the future is made by those who look at what is possible. Seeing a path of what is possible through all that is not possible requires intellectual curiosity, dedication, and diligence. We are big thinkers and believers but also pragmatists, focused on relentless execution.
Integrity of word, thought, and action: Integrity is in what is behind our words, thoughts, and actions. We help ourselves and others to stay close to why we do things, so we can align, together, for the highest purpose.
Diversity of perspectives: A good discussion is one that at the end, has all participants feel that the other participants understood them, even if they have different ideas. This requires trust, vulnerability, and compassion. We believe organizations where people can truly co-create will thrive and excel.
Winning with purpose: We are mission-first and realize that winning is a requirement to achieve lasting change that benefits all of humanity. Even though we love to compete for good, we know winning itself is not the same as success, it’s needed to succeed.
Ownership is key: When we own our successes and failures, our best qualities and our flaws, we can truly work in a team, as a team. Ownership unlocks greatness as a team because it enables us to support and be supported.
The excellence of being: Excellence is an expression of being, of what we want for ourselves and others. It is passion turned into action. We share a desire to learn and excel while being comfortable with failing. Excellence comes out when we’re courageously open about what we desire for this world.
Unity in consciousness: We / you understand that we are all one. We are all working towards moving humanity forward in our own unique ways. We firmly believe that there is infinitely more that unites us than that separates us. Our work is to bring that out in the world.
- Competitive salary with generous token options plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible remote options
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k with 100% match up to 4%
- WFH benefits
- Annual Professional Development Budget
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Contribution to Lifetime, ClassPass, etc
- Therapy and Personal Coaching support
If this position interests you, we would love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Thanks for your time!