gCC (gumi Cryptos Capital) is an early stage Venture Capital firm seeking to recruit a Deal Analyst to join the firm’s Crypto team. The successful candidate will work closely with the investment team meeting entrepreneurs, developing a thesis, and ensuring the rest of the team is up to speed on the latest developments in a fast-moving space. You should be passionate about DeFi, NFT, and blockchain technologies, and work to build a network of the best entrepreneurs, engineers, and subject matter experts in the space.
The primary goal of our fund is to find and invest in bold entrepreneurs building the best protocols, companies, and DAOs.
- Source investment opportunities. You are expected to invest first and foremost in relationships. This includes proactive involvement in the crypto community – attending industry events, meeting with upstream investors, and cultivating university/corporate networks to find entrepreneurs and access deal flow
- Develop a sharp investment point of view on categories and companies. Build and defend an informed thesis for why we should invest in a company or segment. This thesis should be supported by a deep analysis of both broad industry trends and granular data.
- Evaluate prospective investments: Assist in conducting a detailed and comprehensive review of the people, products, technologies, go-to-market plan, competitive position, and other relevant information to maximize chances of success for any investment we make.
- Maintain industry awareness. Develop a network of sources and information to ensure up-to-date understanding of the crypto industry. This includes growing a network of subject matter experts and leveraging an in-house data science team. This also includes interacting with non-crypto companies to understand their strategy, and the opportunities & challenges that presents to startups in this space.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships
- Analyze given vertical industries and identify targets and white space
- Outbound to companies to schedule curation calls which lead to executive briefings with our portfolio companies
- Take notes during curation calls and during briefings
- Create briefing prep documents for General Partners
- Collaborate with teammates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and coachable
- Highly organized, great at research, note taking, and completing projects in a timely manner
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, executive presence, and high attention to detail
- You are comfortable working in a remote environment and working independently
- Ability to prospect via email, LinkedIn, and outbound calls
Interested candidates should email Miko Matsumura – firstname.lastname@example.org